Friday, April 27, 2012

Paris, France and Disney April 27 2012


Paris
In trying to hit all the must visit places before leaving Europe, we decided to surprise the kids with a trip to EuroDisney in Paris. We spent the first day and a half re-visiting the city. I say re-visit because this was one of the first cities we visited upon coming to Europe, however the kids were too young to remember, so we saw the highlights again including the Eiffel Tower and cathedral of Notre Dame. Instead of hitting the Luvre again, we decided to visit the city's other famous Museum D'Orsey. We did the audio guides, which the kids now expect when going to any place of interest. Also new this year was a boat ride along the Seine river.










The next two days were spent at Eurodisney. I asked the kids which attractions they liked the best and they provided the following list:
- Crush coaster
- Train coaster
- Animagique
- Stitch live
- Mickey mouse clubhouse live
- Car stuntshow featuring Lightning McQueen

My favorite was "its a small world" and Sandy's was "Space Mountain". I am not one for roller coasters, but I manned up and went on with Sandy, which allowed me to reconfirm that I do not like roller coasters.

Sandy's cousin Ale lives in Paris, so we were able to meet up with her for dinner one night. Its been almost two years, so it was great to catch up with her.